The Mutual Aid Baby & Maternity Items Project is a volunteer-run storehouse of donated baby and maternity items. It is housed within our new Birth Justice Center in Wichita, Kansas.
To donate items to the room, click HERE.
Who can get items from the Mutual Aid Baby & Maternity Items Room? This project is aimed at providing Black/African American, Latina/Hispanic/Chicana, and Native/Indigenous (tribal member) parents in Wichita with extra support for their overall wellness, which will help lead to more equitable rates of survival for birth givers and babies. We also serve refugee parents and babies in cooperation with our community partners.
What kind of items do we have?
- Maternity clothing and postpartum supplies like pads, panties, and nursing bras
- Adult hygiene items like soap, shampoo, toothbrushes, toothpaste
- Baby clothes, blankets, bibs, shoes, etc.
- Baby gear like highchairs, infant car seats, strollers, bassinets/cribs, toys, and children’s books
- Diapers, wipes, and baby hygiene items
- Baby feeding items like bottles, breastmilk storage bags, burp cloths, formula (when in stock) and more
What else should I know about the project?
- Delivery of baby items is not available.
- We can’t guarantee that we’ll have specific items in stock
- No proof of income is required, but you will need to come in with your babies/children that you’re receiving items for.
- When you pick your items up, you’ll meet with our on-site doula to verify that your items fit/meet your needs and make sure you can get connected with other community resources.